Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Artists...

Some touch with their eyes, some do not.

Some like to talk, some like to listen.

Some like to move, some like to remain still.

Some show their worries, some stay confident.

Some need others help, some do it on their own.

Some like company, some like to be alone.

Some like the help of a certain something or somebody in the process, some do not.

Some like silence, some like noise.

Some like and follow the 'critiques' of others, some want originality.

Some blog, some do not.

Some share, some keep to themselves.

Some enjoy, some complain.

Some choose to communicate in unique ways, some understand the beauty of face to face communication.

Some make an impact, some blend in.

Some learn quickly, some take their time.

Thanks for reading.

-Colt Peterson.

2 comments:

  1. I just woke from a dream about a work by an artist named either Cobalt our Colt Peterson. I Googled the first one and got no results, but when I looked up Colt Peterson, this poem can up. I did not use the word artist in the searches, simply the names. Interestingly, the content of this poem aligns with the content of my dream, in a way. The artist had made a lovely sunburst mosaic using blue stones such as cobalt (I know it is technically not a stone), turquoise and others of varying shades of blue. The mosaic had been dismantled and the stones placed outside among the common pebbles and rocks in a walkway. My assignment was to take the blue stones and make my own art, and it didn't have to be the same, or even remain in a two-dimensional format. So, you can see where I felt a connection to your words, about some do it one way and others may do it differently. The title of your work is Artists. It was my first search result for a name i heard in a dream. I like the way this day is starting.
    I enjoyed your words, thank you for publishing them in this format, and I wish you much success in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had proofread, but i see that I missed at least one auto-correct error. I hope that you can correctly decipher my meaning despite my keyboard's attempts to show me as somewhat illiterate.

      Delete